Sunday, September 21, 2008

To blog or not to blog

It seems like it's already been too long since my last post. I don't think I can even remember all the food-related musings I've had in these past days. This is now leading me to question how much sense it makes for me to keep maintaining this extended food narrative.

When I started it all, it was at a time when my life was pretty unstructured and I had a fair bit of time on my hands. I wanted to write. I also made a point to seek out things to write about. I feel like things are a little bit different now; there's some pretty obvious structure to my days- they get full pretty quickly, and sitting down to catalogue the events at the end of the day is somehow not something I'm super inspired to do. I would be concerned, if there was any worry my passions for food would go uncultivated, but it seems, so far at least that that will not be a problem.

There was an amazing dinner with the housemates from last year the other night- salmon stuffed manicotti, potatoes, delicious avocado salad, baked vegetables, bread, cheese, and wine- what a way to spend a tuesday night. There have been the innovative sandwiches trying to use up our abundance of eggplant. There's been a lot of baking, savory breads, zucchini breads. All the pickling and canning- tomato sauce, bread and butter pickles, dill pickles, pickled cauliflower, pickled peppers. There was the pie party I went to last night with a bunch of people from the circus academy, including the delicious raw vegan avocado-lime pie with a sprouted buckwheat crust.

Food will still be sought after, and relished- for sure. I just don't know if it still makes sense to make an effort to rehash all the goodness in my awkward online narration. Maybe I'm just lazy, but I think  that it doesn't make sense to push it if it feels like and obligation. I think I choose having a life over making sure I share food-related thought that crosses my mind.

So, perhaps this is the last post for some time, perhaps not. Maybe I'll only take the time to write reviews of the restaurants I find through Zagat here; or maybe I will find I need to write much more in the near future, who knows. I'm not attached to a decision, but those are my musings till the next time whenever that may be... 

No comments: